46' Post 46
- Year: 1987
- Price: $130,000
- Hull: Fiberglass
- Fuel: Diesel
Major Price concession now is the time to purchase a great boat!
The last of the solid fiberglass hulls, and an exceptional example of the popular Post 46' Convertible Sportfisherman, "Black Eagle" has been consistently and thoroughly maintained by her original owner since he bought her brand-new. Never fished, she has been maintained to yacht standards, from beautifully varnished exterior teak to a spotless engine room.
2014 survey available upon request. All recommendations addressed by Hodgdon Yacht Services in Southport, Maine, the yard at which she has been cared for and spent winters inside heated storage her entire life.
Varnished teak bulkheads throughout.
Master stateroom offers a regal 6'5" long island berth, with easy access to either side. Headroom in this cabin is 6'7".
Master head is accessed privately from the master stateroom. Headroom is 6'5" in the head and 6'3" in the separate shower stall
Guest stateroom is to stbd with 6'7" upper berth and 5'8" lower berth. Headroom is 6'4".
Guest head is accessed privately from the guest stateroom. Headroom is 6'3" in the head and 6'5" in the separate shower stall.
Main salon is spacious and bright with large windows to port, stbd, and aft. A 6' long L shaped dinette is fwd to stbd, convenient to the galley for serving meals, or simply relaxing with a book or drink. A 7'4" L settee is aft to port and pulls out to create a double berth. A large door aft with a window opens to the cockpit.
- 2009 -- overhead hatches were sent out to BOMAR for reconditioning: new glazing & gaskets, and refinishing of the frames
- Air conditioning
- FM/AM radio
- Electric heads in both cabins
- Macerators for both heads
- Bright and open to the salon, convenient to the dinette, safe U-shape.
- Full-size refrigerator and freezer
- Electric three-burner stove and oven
- Stainless sink with hot & cold pressure freshwater
- Storage in drawers and cabinets
- Apelco 5160 VHF
- New Furuno radar
- Robertson AP 200 auto pilot
- Northstar 952X GPS
- Datamarine depth sounder
- 12V DC electrical system
- Xantrex 1800 Watt inverter
- 120V AC electrical system
- 50 amp shore power cord
- Onan 8kW generator with 2552 hours
- Fuel tanks cleaned and fuel polished -- 2013
- Twin Detroit Diesel marine engines, six-cylinder, 450HP, with 2017 hours
- Engine synchronizer
- NiBrAl props
- 1.75" stainless shafts
- New Dual Racor primary fuel filters for each engine and single for generator
- 2x FireBoy fire suppression system in engine room
- Raritan 19.9 gal hot water heater
- Air conditioning
- Engines, generator, and all systems have benefitted from regular and preventative maintenance.
Hull & Deck
- The last of the solid fiberglass 46' hulls built by Post; subsequent hulls were cored.
- White exterior gelcoat has been beautifully maintained and shines
- Blue boot stripe
- Black bottom paint
- Self-bailing cockpit
- Transom door for easy boarding
- Teak grate swim platform for easier boarding via dinghy
- Electric dinghy davit on foredeck
- Dinghy storage chocks on foredeck
- Electric windlass
- Danforth anchor & 200' chain
- Fenders & docklines
- Horseshoe buoy
The company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Please call us with questions or comments.
Back to top
East Coast Yacht Sales
194 Water Street, Stonington
Stonington, CT 06378
Fax: Send us a message
Details of this vessel are offered in good faith by the Company. The Information cannot be guaranteed; therefore it is up to the Buyer, his Agents, or his Surveyor to verify.